Monday 4 February 2008

Life in a Metro

The Metro network is the Lifeline of Stockholm. Ever imagined what happens to Mumbai if the trains come to a halt? Well, it is somewhat similar here.
Better known by the name Tunnelbana or T-bana, the rail lines are connecting the entire Stockholm city (and smaller towns) making it look like a place to live. It is considered the most cost-effective and fastest means to commute in Stockholm. I bought the 30-days pass for 620 SEK from Pressbyran.
I made best use of their service when I had to check-out of the company sponsored hotel at Kista to a friend-sponsored apartment in Farsta. It takes 1 changeover, 20 stopovers and approx. an hour to commute one way.
I did 3 up and down trips to move my luggage. This experience started on the 1st evening and culminated at 3 pm on the 2nd.
The weather was better than expected as it was only drizzling during the early afternoon.
One of my friend was very enterprising; he offered me help but also explained that it may jeopardize his office work on Saturday.
Yeah right! people work on weekends in Scandinavia..give me a break.
But he was from a place called Bangalore(aka Bengaluru), where people work on weekends and weeknights and spend their weekdays at the company's coffee bar.

This is Life in a Metro. 'We' spread the disease to all the Metros of the world.
I am the cure. Consult me for more details. You can reach me except on weekdays and weekend-nights.

No comments: